SVP, Member Engagement & Development (MED) – Southern Region Representative (Home Office – Remote)
The role of the SVP Member Engagement & Development Southern Region is to provide leadership, guidance, and advocacy to 4A’s membership leveraging 4A’s resources and benefits. In addition, the role will be the primary new member development lead for the region.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with member agencies providing guidance on business issues as well as maximize awareness and utilization of 4A’s resources, especially as it pertains to business management, talent development, new business, strategic insight, and industry trends.
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with agency principals and other key staff to ensure relevance and impact.
- Meet live with members’ executive team to consult on business challenges and needs and review engagement and membership ROI annually, with quarterly check-ins.
- Engage and advise members in assessing and planning their engagement and investment with the 4A’s, including membership, events, training, and other activities/products that meet their business needs and goals for the year.
- Provide annual service reviews for staff.
- Monitor satisfaction with the 4A’s and ensure that news, industry best practices, and other relevant information are consistently provided to members.
- Proactively advocate and respond to member needs.
Member Community Leadership
- Plan and administer council board meetings quarterly and Central Region Board meetings annually and cultivate a diverse pool of candidates for the National Board of Directors.
- Work with local councils to bring 4A’s programs that showcase thought leadership, guidance, and inspiration and address key needs of member agencies.
- Plan and administer CEO Forum meetings. Recruit speakers and guests, organize agency tours, coordinate meeting agendas, and ensure maximum participation.
New Member Development:
- Working with the Member Engagement & Development team, proactively identify and recruit qualified agency prospects into membership. Make presentations to agency prospect leadership, engage other subject matter experts within the 4A’s to support member development, closing new members, and leading the onboarding of new members.
- 15+ years of advertising industry experience, preferably with management experience at a member agency
- Located in the Southern Region (essentially Southeast) with a preference for larger ad markets (Atlanta, Dallas, Miami, Austin, Nashville)
- Highly familiar with digital marketing practices
- Comprehensive understanding of the advertising industry and ongoing student of new developments impacting it
- Strong interpersonal skills – comfortable engaging with all levels of personnel in member agencies and at the 4A’s
- Strong selling skills – able to assess a client’s needs and make recommendations
- Highly organized, able to juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Strong team player, able to collaborate well with others regardless of distance
- Comfortable making decisions
- Capable administrator who can assume a wide range of responsibilities and effectively execute multi-faceted projects
- Strong presentation skills
- Available for regular travel
Where We Work:
- Great team with new mission & energy
- The role is a work from home position but at HQ in NYC we enjoy amazing terrace views and a vibrant office
- Summer Fridays
- Week off between Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Enviable Work/Life Balance
- Volunteer Day
About the 4A’s
The 4A’s was established in 1917 to promote, advance, and defend the interests of our member agencies, employees, and the advertising and marketing industries overall. We empower our members to drive commerce, spark connections, and shape culture through infinite creativity. With a focus on advocacy, talent, and the value of creativity and technology to drive business growth and cultural change, the organization serves 600+ member agencies across 1,200 offices, which help direct more than 85% of total U.S. advertising spend.
The 4A’s includes the 4A’s Benefits division, which insures more than 160,000 employees; the government relations team, who advocate for policies to support the industry; and the 4A’s Foundation, which advocates for and connects multicultural talent to the marketing industry by fostering a culture of curiosity, creativity, and craft to fuel a more equitable future for the industry.
4A’s is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel policies are applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.