There’s not a distinction between “online” and “offline” for Gen Z as there is with other generations. Gen Z views the Internet as an extension of their lives–it’s where they socialize, shop, entertain themselves, search for info, and spend increasingly large of amounts of time.
WP Engine and the Center for Generational Kinetics studies the online habits of Gen Z and outlines how brands can target them more effectively. Key findings include:
- Brands must experiment with new technologies, like voice and machine learning
- When interacting with a company’s online content, Gen Z prefers to be entertained than informed
- Gen Z is more likely to provide personal data in exchange for a more personalized experience than other generations
- Consumers of all generations prefer to use a company’s website over a mobile app when making a purchase
- Gen Z is more likely to buy from a company that contributes to social causes
- Authenticity is important — Gen Z trusts a brand more if images aren’t photoshopped and it uses actual customers in their ads.