By surveying consumers around the world, Capgemini is able to spotlight emerging automotive trends coming out of the coronavirus pandemic, what trends will stick around post-COVID, and how auto companies can respond effectively to changing consumer behaviors.
The following trends are covered in this report:
- More consumers favor personal mobility over public transport
- Increased interest in hygiene and wellness features
- More consumers want to buy a car due to avoidance of public transportation, low-cost auto loans, and government incentive programs
- A majority of consumers show interest in lower-cost car options, but there is a segment that prefers premium features and experiences
- Digital interactions are becoming an integral part of the car buying process.
This report is a follow-up to a survey Capgemini conducted in April, COVID-19 and the Automotive Consumer.