The purpose of this role is to provide leadership, advocacy, guidance, knowledge, and benchmarking to the 4A’s community in the areas addressing agency business operations including financial (commercial) and legal affairs. Proactively identify new opportunity areas and needs related to evolving agency models and best practices.
- Provide members with consultancy services related to guidance on best practices in business strategy, fiscal management, organization, merger & acquisition, succession, client/agency compensation and management issues
Guidance & Knowledge:
- Develop new and refine existing studies, surveys, publications, manuals, position papers, etc., that will assist members in understanding and managing their businesses better
- Maintain high-level awareness of industry activities and trends from trade and general business readings, attendance at other trade association meetings, etc.
- Contribute to revenue growth through retention and new membership, conference attendance, sponsorship and training/education programs
- Support development and content curation of annual members-only Management Practitioners Forum (MPF) providing members with guidance related to business operations and evolving models and approaches
- Collaborate and partner on organizational goals with colleagues and help in the successful execution of key initiatives
- Maintain close working relationship with key partners including the ANA (Association of National Advertisers) and identify opportunities to partner
- Lead Joint Policy Committee (JPC) requirements related to SAG-AFTRA partnering with the ANA and joint operating committee ensuring members needs are met as well as policies and changes are clearly communicated
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a competent, professional team addressing these areas
- Support the growth and professional development of the team by providing leadership and guidance to VP, Agency Management Services and Survey Specialist
- 15-20 years of advertising agency financial/management experience (prefer holding company and independent agency perspective)
- MBA or BS
- Analytical mind; attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of the advertising & marketing communications agency business, that includes a significant understanding of finance, legal issues, human resources, and general management as well as media including digital
- Good supervisory skills
- Heightened interest and curiosity in the industry overall
- Genuine interest and curiosity in and a strong proponent of the advertising & marketing communications business
- Natural ability to initiate partnerships and collaboration within the 4A’s, member agencies and industry organizations (i.e. ANA)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent writing skills with ability to author documents on behalf of the 4A’s
- Exceptional management and interpersonal skills; a problem solver
- Comfortable working both independently and within a team
- Diplomatic, fair and inspiring to staff
Where We Work:
- Great team, mission & energy
- Amazing terrace views overlooking Bryant Park
- Summer Fridays
- Week off between Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Enviable work/life integration
- Volunteer Days
What We Do:
The 4A’s mission is to promote, advance, and defend the essential work of our member agencies to help brands create, distribute and measure advertising and marketing. As the industry leader for marketing communications agencies, the 4A’s empowers members to deliver insightful creativity that drives commerce and influences culture all while moving the industry forward.
The 4A’s provides community, leadership, advocacy, guidance and best-in-class training that empower agencies to innovate, evolve and grow. The New York-based organization serves 600+ member agencies across 1,200+ offices, which control more than 85% of total U.S. advertising spend.
Founded in 1917, the 4A’s is committed to protecting the best interests of its members, their employees and the industry at large. Its benefit division insures more than 170,000 employees and its DC office advocates for policies that best support a thriving advertising industry.