The role of the SVP Membership Engagement & Development Central Region is to provide leadership, guidance and advocacy to the 4A’s membership leveraging 4A’s resources and benefits. The SVP Membership Engagement & Development Central Region will be responsible for all member agencies and prospects in that geography.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Consult with member agencies providing guidance on business issues as well as maximize awareness and utilization of 4A’s resources, especially as it pertains to business management, talent development, new business, strategic insight and industry trends.
- Maintain ongoing dialogue with agency principals and other key staff to ensure business relevance and impact.
- Meet live with members’ executive team to consult on business challenges and needs and review engagement and membership ROI annually, with quarterly check-ins.
- Conduct annual planning with members to assess and advise on engagement and investment with the 4A’s including membership, events, training, and other activities/products that meet the business needs and goals for the year.
- Provide annual service reviews for staff.
- Proactively advocate and respond to member needs. Monitor satisfaction with the 4A’s and ensure that news, industry best practices, and other relevant information are consistently provided to members
Member Community Leadership
- Plan and administer council board meetings quarterly and Central Region Board meeting annually and cultivate a diverse pool of candidates for national Board of Directors.
- Work with local councils to bring 4A’s programs that showcase thought leadership, guidance and inspiration and address key needs of member agencies.
- Plan and administer CEO Forum meetings. Recruit speakers and guests, organize agency tours, coordinate meeting agendas and ensure maximum participation
New Member Development
- Proactively identify and recruit qualified agency prospects into membership. Additionally, provide local intelligence and support to SVP New Business prospecting efforts and pursue inbound leads provided by membership coordinator.
- 15+ years of advertising industry experience, preferably with management experience at a member agency
- Located preferably in Chicago, IL
- Highly familiar with digital marketing practices
- Comprehensive understanding of the advertising industry and on-going student of new developments impacting it
- Strong interpersonal skills – comfortable engaging with all levels of personnel in member agencies and at the 4A’s
- Strong selling skills – able to assess a client’s needs and make recommendations • Highly organized, able to juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Strong team player, able to collaborate well with others regardless of distance
- Comfortable making decisions
- Capable administrator who can assume a wide range of responsibilities and effectively execute multi-faceted projects
- Strong presentation skills
- Available for frequent travel
About us and our culture
- Work with a great team with a new mission & energy
- Amazing terrace views overlooking Bryant Park
- Summer Fridays
- Week off between Christmas & New Year Holidays
- Enviable Work/Life Balance & Volunteer Day
- Volunteer Day
What We Do:
The 4A’s, founded in 1917, is the leading authority representing the marketing communications agency business. It provides leadership, advocacy and training that empowers agencies to innovate, evolve and grow. It serves 740 member agencies across 1,400 offices that control more than 85% of total U.S. advertising spends.
The 4A’s is committed to protecting the best interests of its members, their employees and the industry at large. Its Benefits division insures more than 164,000 agency professionals, and the D.C. office advocates for policies that best support a thriving advertising industry.
With its best-in-class learning and career development programs, 4A’s and its Foundation fuel a robust diversity pipeline of talent for its members and the marketing and media industry, fostering the next generation of leaders.