Group will work to advance CX, provide inspiring guidance and help define careers
NEW YORK, June 1, 2020 — The 4A’s and VMLY&R have launched the 4A’s Customer Experience (CX) Council, gathering the most accomplished and influential cross-industry leaders in customer experience design to help brands and agencies transition into the experience era.
“As human-centered design and CX join marketing and advertising in building great sustainable brands, it is the perfect time to create an industry body to further the understanding of the design, development, and growth of amazing CX,” said Chick Foxgrover, EVP–Creative Technology & Innovation at the 4A’s.
Recently, more than a dozen industry leaders from many business perspectives joined inaugural meetings of the executive board, chaired by Jason Gaikowski, VMLY&R executive director, customer experience, and global lead of human-centered design.
“It is clear that customer experience is an essential capability for building brands and businesses,” Gaikowski said. “The customer experience era will require a holistic re-evaluation of the functions and organization of the business enterprise. By bringing together the creative marketing and design disciplines, we can accomplish more business success and growth for our companies.”
The mission of the CX Council includes:
- Developing and publishing compelling perspectives, case studies, and practical guidance for building amazing brands and growing healthy business via CX
- Identifying CX measurement, organizing principles and practices necessary for success
- Defining pathways for talent acquisition, career development, and organizational design
Members of the 4A’s Council executive board include:
- Winston Binch, chief brand and experience officer, Gale Partners
- Christian Dodd, FordPass global product experience owner, Ford Motor Company
- Chris Finlay, chief growth officer, Otabo
- Rebecca Flavin, global chief experience officer, Ogilvy
- Jason Gaikowski, executive director, CX, and global lead of human-centered design, VMLY&R
- Karin Giefer, senior vice president, executive creative director, experience, Publicis Sapient
- Kit Krugman, head of organization and culture design, co:collective
- Harley Manning, vice president, research director, Forrester Research
- Dave Meeker, chief innovation officer, Isobar
- Jehan Moghazy, vice president, design, CapitalOne
- Olof Schybergson, chief experience officer, Accenture Interactive
- Richard Ting, chief experience officer and U.S. chief creative officer, R/GA
In mid-June, the 4A’s CX Council will launch a monthly webinar series titled, “The CX Effect” followed by CX thought leadership pieces. In addition, leading up to National Customer Experience Day in October, the council plans to host an afternoon of virtual panels and workshops about CX. More information to come.
About the 4A’s
The 4A’s helps empower our members to drive commerce, spark connections, and shape culture through infinite creativity. We are dedicated to, and vested in, our members’ success, just as they are dedicated to helping brands create, distribute, and measure effective and insightful advertising and marketing. With a focus on advocacy, talent, and the value of creativity and technology and their impact on driving business growth and powerful cultural change, we provide community, leadership, guidance, and best-in-class training that enable agencies to innovate, evolve, and grow. The 4A’s was established in 1917 to promote, advance, and defend the interests of our member agencies, their employees, and the industry at large. More than 100 years later, we continue to support the evolving needs of our community. Today, the organization serves 600+ member agencies across 1,200 offices, which help direct more than 85% of total U.S. advertising spend. 4A’s Benefits division insures more than 160,000 employees, and its Washington office advocates for policies that best support a thriving advertising industry. The 4A’s Foundation fuels a robust diversity pipeline of talent for its members and the marketing and media industry, fostering the next generation of leaders.
VMLY&R is a global brand and customer experience agency that harnesses creativity, technology, and culture to create connected brands. The agency is made up of nearly 7,000 employees worldwide, with principal offices in Kansas City, New York, Detroit, London, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore and Sydney. VMLY&R works with client partners including Colgate-Palmolive, Danone, Dell, Ford, New Balance, Pfizer and Wendy’s. For more information, visit www.vmlyr.com. VMLY&R is a WPP company (NYSE: WPP).