Ogilvy & Mather’s Chief Creative Officer, North America, to Chair A-List Jury
NEW YORK – Oct. 18, 2016 – The 4A’s, America’s leading trade association representing the advertising agency business, today announced it has opened entries for the 2017 Partner Awards, which honor creativity and collaboration in advertising. It also announced the jury that will judge this year’s submissions.
The 4A’s Partner Awards recognize creative excellence that can only be achieved through meaningful collaboration. It salutes remarkable partnerships that put ego aside and elevate creativity in the following eight categories: Brand, Cause, Creative, Diversity, Health & Wellness, Media, Pro Bono and Technology.
Last year, agencies including BBDO New York, Deutsch, VML and CP+B took home awards for their collaborative work. Partnership of the Year went to Upworthy, the Ad Council and R/GA for “Love Has No Labels,” and Most Innovative Partnership was awarded to BBDO New York, GE, OMD + Giant Spoon and Panoply for “The Message.”
Steve Simpson, Chief Creative Officer, North America, at Ogilvy & Mather, will serve as chair of the 2017 jury.
“We do not come up with our most impactful ideas in a vacuum—that’s just not how the best advertising is done,” said Simpson. “Collaboration pushes us outside our comfort zones to tap into new ideas and inspiration that we likely would not have arrived at on our own. I’m looking forward to seeing how partnerships will yield some of the most creative work of this year.”
In addition to Simpson, members of the jury—uniquely comprised to represent multiple disciplines and perspectives—are:
- Madonna Badger, Chief Creative Officer and Founder, Badger & Winters
- Cyndi Berzow, Global Agency Partnerships, Pinterest
- Susan Canavari, Chief Brand Officer, JPMorgan Chase
- Dabo Ché, Executive Creative Director, Spike DDB
- Katie Cheng, Vice President of Marketing, Home Appliances, Samsung Electronics America
- Kerry Fitzmaurice, Managing Director New York, McKinney
- Christine Fruechte, Chief Executive Officer, Colle + McVoy
- Susan Golkin, Executive Creative Director, BBDO
- Valerie Graves, Author and President, Valerie Graves Creative
- Josh Horowitz, Founder, Fake Love
- Rex Jackson, Vice President of Marketing & Sales, LEGOLAND® Florida Resort
- Marla Kaplowitz, CEO, MEC North America
- Dan Kelleher, Chief Creative Officer New York, Deutsch
- Remi Kent, Global Brand and Strategy Leader, Consumer Business Group, 3M
- Laurie Malaga, Vice President of Integrated Production, the community
- Donna Murphy, Global CEO, Havas Health
- Ronald Ng, Chief Creative Officer, North America, DigitasLBi
- JoonYong Park, Chief Creative Officer, Firstborn
- Nathan Reuss, Creative Strategist, Facebook and Instagram
- Amanda Richman, President, Starcom USA
- Ann Rubin, Vice President, Branded Content and Global Creative, IBM
- Jimmy Smith, Chairman and Chief Creative Officer, Amusement Park
- Tracy Stallard, Senior Director U.S. Media, Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Wesley ter Haar, Founder, MediaMonks
- Zachary Treuhaft, President, Hearts & Science
- Todd Waterbury, Chief Creative Officer, Target
“This year’s jury truly represents today’s collaborative advertising landscape with jurors from different types of agencies, brand marketers and media tech companies,” said Alison Fahey, Chief Marketing Officer of the 4A’s. “Just like we believe diverse groups of professionals create the most culturally relevant work, we believe it’s important to have jurors with varying perspectives and backgrounds to evaluate that work.”
For further details, please visit: http://partnerawards.aaaa.org/.
Winners will be revealed at the 4A’s Transformation Conference on April 3, 2017, in Los Angeles, California.
About The 4A’s Partner Awards
The 4A’s Partner Awards honors creative excellence achieved through meaningful collaboration. It celebrates the partnerships that place creativity at the center in order to produce solutions that challenge conventional practices, perceptions and norms. The 4A’s Partner Awards salutes the remarkable partnerships that put ego aside and elevate creativity.
About the 4A’s
The 4A’s is the catalyst for bringing together the right people in the right place at the right time to address the advertising industry’s most critical business issues. The 4A’s provides leadership, advocacy, guidance and community to its members and the industry at large, with proprietary access to the people, information and tools needed to make smarter management decisions. Its mission is to help agencies become more successful. Visit the 4A’s at www.aaaa.org.