This page provides guidance and answers to common questions about subscribing and unsubscribing to 4A’s emails.
There are two main channels through which we deliver emails. The subscription mechanism differs per channel:
- 4A’s Emails – The 4A’s sends emails on a variety of topics, from member communications about issues within the industry, whitepapers, guidance directives, survey reports, and announcements about conferences and events. We’ve recently retooled the entire process of sending these emails. In addition to an updated look and feel, and a renewed focus on the relevance of what we send, we also have an entirely new mechanism for managing subscriptions.
- Assuming you are already in our database, you can now subscribe or unsubscribe to these email based on categories of interest. To do so, visit Manage Email Preferences. (You can always return to adjust those preferences. Sign into our site and click the “Account” button on the upper right corner of your screen. You’ll see a link to Manage Email Preferences under the dropdown menu).
- 4A’s SmartBrief Newsletter – The popular 4A’s SmartBrief is a daily email newsletter delivering carefully curated news about our industry. It’s a great way to stay current, allowing you to view top stories in digest format — without having to comb through multiple news sites.
- SmartBrief is a third party, and thus has their own mechanism for managing subscribers. The 4A’s curates a specific addition of the SmartBrief newsletter, ensuring that it presents the most useful content for our industry.
- Learn More About SmartBrief
- Sign Up For SmartBrief
- To unsubscribe from 4A’s SmartBrief, simply click the unsubscribe link in the footer of any SmartBrief newsletter.
- The 4A’s can only unsubscribe you from emails we send directly. If the email was not sent from an “@aaaa.org” email address, then it was not sent by us.
- We do not have any ability to opt you out of emails, advertisements, or other marketing initiatives run by other, unrelated businesses.
- If you are the 4A’s primary contact for your organization or serve in a similarly specialized role, we can unsubscribe you from marketing and promotional emails but will still need to send you occasional notifications relating to your membership, such as the annual dues payment process.