Writers Room Brainstorming Intensive With the Upright Citizens Brigade
“When Saturday Night Live and The Daily Show need comics, they turn to the Upright Citizens Brigade.”
– New York Post
Transform your creative team into a sitcom writer’s room for a day. UCB writers and comedians will act as your Emergency Task Force, working with you to kick-start new ideas or carry ongoing projects over the finish line. Just give us a brief, a topic or a question, and we’ll help your team ideate like TV’s best.
What You Will Learn:
- Different approaches to creative problem solving
- Improv tools to help generate new perspectives on stalled ideas
- Ways to test and expand new creative concepts using improv
- Half-Day UCB Brainstorming Intensive: This workshop is structured as a writer’s room roundtable. We recommend the agency bring no more than five creatives to the table; we provide three to four writers/comedians and a UCB moderator to run the session.
- Full-Day UCB Brainstorming Intensive: This includes improv workshops where we use improv exercises and techniques to solve for the creative challenge or question. We then move to a roundtable format to continue generating, evaluating and building out the ideas.
Workshop Pricing + Logistics:
If you’re interested in purchasing this workshop for your agency, please complete this request form and someone from the 4A’s Learning & Development Team will schedule a kick off call to discuss your needs and confirm pricing.
Note: No out-of-pocket expenses (such as meals, travel, hotel, printed materials, facility space if required, etc.) are included in the workshop fee. Those costs will be billed by the facilitator to agency separately.
About the Upright Citizens Brigade:
The Upright Citizens Brigade (UCB) is the comedy powerhouse founded by Amy Poehler, Matt Besser, Ian Roberts and Matt Walsh. We run two theaters in New York and two in LA, where we feature improv and sketch comedy seven nights a week. We also operate the only accredited sketch and improv training school in the country, with classroom facilities on both coasts. In addition to our classes and live comedy performances, we work with brands, ad agencies, media companies and universities. We run a branded content unit/TV production studio and a touring company that performs at theaters and colleges. Our improv workshops are the de facto standard for corporate training and team building.
You must be logged in to purchase publications.