The success of your business is only as good as your people. You already knew that, though—that’s why you’re here.
Make sure to log in to access the information below.
Agency Job Descriptions
The 4A’s maintains a large collection of standardized agency job descriptions, representing roles common within our industry.
To better find the right talent to fill key agency positions, the 4A’s makes available to our members detailed agency job descriptions, organized by department/discipline. These descriptions have been compiled from actual member employment offerings, and have been modified to remove specific organizational references.
We also have additional job descriptions beyond those posted here. For additional information or requests for sample job descriptions, please contact the 4A’s Business Intelligence & Insight team at [email protected].
Salary & Compensation
The 4A’s produces and curates a rich variety of materials on topics related to agency salary and compensation.This page outlines some of our most frequently requested materials, some of which are available online, and others of which are provided only upon request.
For more information about the Business Intelligence & Insight Human Resources materials, please contact Helen Miranda.
Agency Benchmarking, Surveys & Reports
Throughout 2020 we are incorporating member feedback to identify 14 surveys across multiple areas, including 4 new surveys covering Search Consultants, Auditors, CCPA Cost Compliance, and Project Management Software Tools. The remaining surveys will address Salaries, Benefits, Financial Management Benchmarks, New Business, and Project Management. Please note that in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, some of these dates have shifted or will be shifted.
- 2018-19 Leave Benefits Report A survey on Leave Benefits covering Separate vacation, Sick, and Personal Days Off Policies, Paid Time Off (PTO) Policies, Unlimited Days Off Policies, Bereavement days, Volunteer days and Summer hours in 4A’s agencies. Available to 4A’s members only. Please reach out to Helen Miranda for more.
- Workplace Bullying/Harassment/Intimidation FAQ The workplace is in crisis, which can lead to workplace cultures that breed inappropriate behaviors leading to bullying, intimidation, and harassment. The 4A’s National HR Council has developed a comprehensive FAQ to help you address these key questions.
4A’s Professional and Organizational Development
The mission of 4A’s Professional & Organizational Development is to help agencies and individuals grow, adapt, and thrive. POD enriches the industry by offering initiatives that develop necessary skills and cultivate leadership. From the highest-level agency executive to the new hire straight out of college, the 4A’s offers best-in-class learning and career development programs. We offer experiences in a variety of formats, from webinars, half-day and full-day workshops to multi-day experiential programs and online certifications. There’s something for everyone across all disciplines.
- Free COVID-19 related webinars for members In the wake of such an unprecedented crisis, we have assembled a series of webinars to ensure you and your staff are secure in new work-from-home scenarios.
- Leadership Training The 4A’s has developed various programs for agency professionals to learn skills to become future agency leaders. The objective is to provide learning based on the premise that creativity, profitability, and growth are fueled by effective leadership. Find out more here.
- Workplace Engagement Comprehensive, in-person sessions that offer participants the tools needed to support themselves and their colleagues. Read more here.
- Institute of Advanced Advertising Studies (IAAS) The Institute of Advanced Advertising Studies (IAAS) is a comprehensive, multi-week program designed for talent with one to five years experience. For new professionals, it’s an opportunity to learn new ways of thinking and gain an enhanced ability to work virtually in a team environment. For agencies, it’s an invaluable investment in your employees, as they’ll return to work with a better understanding of the big picture, and a renewed passion for doing great work and increasing their contributions. More here.
- Craft Skills From C-level executives to new hires launching their professional careers, the 4A’s offers best-in-class learning and career development programs. We offer ever-expanding experiences in a variety of formats, including on-demand webinars, half- and full-day workshops, and multi-day experiential programs and certifications. We develop up-to-the-moment offerings, like our modules to enhance your remote-work experience. We will help you win over the top talent with programs that develop every person on your team. Find out more.
- Talent Talk Podcast Series A series of conversations with Human Resources, Talent, Learning & Development, and Diversity executives to address what digital work is in our new world and how to maintain the humanity of it all. Find the latest here.
- 4A’s Equity & Inclusion Congress The congress is bringing industry professionals together to address the social, cultural, and organizational challenges experienced by our diverse populations. To learn more about the free four-day event in September and October 2020, click here.
Established in 1997, the 4A’s Foundation was created to galvanize the industry around improving the level of diversity within advertising and media agencies. For almost 20 years, the Foundation has been providing financial support to multicultural individuals studying advertising, media, and/or the creatives arts, as well as resources to programs and initiatives in NYC that cover the following categories for our industry: Education, Employment, Outreach, Engagement, and Retention. Simultaneously, it engages colleges, universities and recognized portfolio schools, which help identify high potential students willing and able to make a difference in our community.
- MAIP The mission of the 4A’s Multicultural Advertising Intern Program (MAIP) is to provide and showcase the advertising industry with the best talent through world-class development opportunities. For over four decades, MAIP has been the industry leader in accomplishing this mission. Unmatched in size and scale, it has evolved into a professional development program and network that has impacted more than 3,500 individuals. Find out more.
No helmet? No safety net? No parachute? No thanks. 4A’s Benefits is the for-profit sister organization of the 4A’s. Consider them your safety net, no matter the situation.
60+ years experience + access to the entire marketing industry = the best benefits programs. Visit 4A’s Benefits for more information.
The 4A’s provides guidance at the intersection of talent, equity, inclusion, and continuing education. Please get in touch with Simon Fenwick (EVP – Talent, Equity & Inclusion) or Sean McGlade (VP, Instructional Design – Professional and Organizational Development) to start the conversation.
4A’s Member Discounts & Exclusive Offers
The members-only program provides access to exclusive offers and benefits on leading products and services that support your daily business needs.
Whether you need information & resources for a new business pitch, data for a campaign, more office space, or tickets to a hot industry event, you’ll want to check out AAP first.
AAP is a one-stop shop for valuable offers from a broad, carefully selected array of partners, spanning categories like:
- Media Research
- New Business Support
- Workforce Support
- Real Estate
- Industry Events
And the list is growing daily.
Join The Member Community
The 4A’s oversees 30+ committees across all industry disciplines, from Professional & Organizational Development to Human Resources to Project Management and everything in between. These committees meet nationally & regionally. In addition to meeting to discuss their business interests, 4A’s committee members help program regional & national events, author industry guidance, and provide their expertise to other members. Learn more here.